Wednesday, March 10, 2010

EXCITING CHANGES FOR AN ORPHANS WISH

We have a new Director for our US Operations - Stefanie Leist! We couldn't have found a more perfect fit!




I am humbled and honored at the opportunity to become the new Director of An Orphan's Wish. My passion for orphans began in 2005, when my eyes were opened to the need for not only adoptive families to step forward to care for these children, but also for advocacy for the children left behind. Since that time, my husband Chris and I have adopted five special needs children from China. We consider ourselves immeasurable blessed by the addition of each of our children.




Our connection to Guilin began in 2006, when we adopted our daughter Sophie from Guilin. The connection was deepened in early 2010, with the adoption of our newest daughter, Vivienne, who is also from Guilin. Additionally, I had the privilege of traveling with LeeAnn to visit An Orphan's Wish in May 2009 and was thoroughly impressed by not only the facility and the attentiveness with which the careers handle each and every child, but with Brian and Kirsten, who give their very heart and soul to this effort. I could not ask to be working with and for a more dedicated and compassionate group of people.




I very much look forward to what 2010 has in store for An Orphan's Wish!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Stefanie, I know that you are going to do an awesome job! In fact, you already are! Congrats on becoming the new director! I have to agree that the fit is perfect.

Looking forward to all that is coming up at An Orphan's Wish! :)